All products sold at the online store www.bm.market shall have two-year warranty under Section 27 of the Consumer Rights Protection Law.
For legal entities and self-employed persons, the guarantee is 1 year, and the 14-day right of withdrawal does not apply to them!
Pursuant to Section 28 Paragraph Six of the Consumer Rights Protection Law if the non-conformity of the goods with the provisions of the contract is minor and cannot substantially affect the possibility of the consumer utilizing the goods, the consumer cannot require the trader or the service provider to revoke the contract and repay the amount paid for the goods. The non-conformity of the goods with the provisions of the contract is deemed to be minor if it does not reduce the quality of the performance of the basic functions of the goods or characteristics of use, and it can be rectified without creating changes in the external appearance of the goods that can be visually determined.
By raising a claim against the online store www.bm.market the consumer must present a receipt for purchase, invoice or leasing agreement, as well as deliver the goods (in full) to the online store www.bm.market or the authorized service.
Before the delivery of computer or mobile communication devices, the consumer shall ensure that the data stored on the computer or mobile communication device is stored by creating an external copy, as the data may be permanently lost during the warranty repair. The authorized service center of www.bm.market shall not be responsible for the retention of data.
The cleaning of the mechanisms of the goods is not included in the warranty repair. This service is only provided for an additional fee.
The warranty does not apply to or is limited regarding the accessories included with the goods - accumulators, batteries, wire connectors, dust collectors, brushes, lights, fuses and other components subject to depreciation during the use of the goods.
If the quality of the goods does not confirm (with the contract), pursuant to Section 28 Paragraph One of the Consumer Rights Protection Law the consumer has the right to request the online store www.bm.market to take one of the following actions:
1) to rectify the non-conformity of the goods with the provisions of the contract;
2) to exchange the goods with such that conform with the provisions of the contract;
3) to reduce the price of the goods accordingly;
4) to cancel the contract and reimburse the customer the amount paid.
Firstly the consumer is entitled to request that the online store www.bm.market free of charge rectifies the non-conformity of the goods with the provisions of the contract or exchanges the goods for such with which conformity with the provisions of the contract is ensured, except the case where this is not possible or is disproportionately.
Pursuant to Section 28 Paragraph Three of the Consumer Rights Protection Law the rectification of non-conformity or exchange shall be deemed disproportionate if it results in costs incurred by the trader that are not commensurate with other alternative remedies set out in Section 28 Paragraph One of the Consumer Rights Protection Law, considering:
1) the value of the goods without non-conformity;
2 the importance of non-conformity;
3) whether the application of alternative remedy cause significant inconvenience to the consumer.
Pursuant to Section 28 Paragraph One of the Consumer Rights Protection Law, the warranty does not apply in the following cases:
- the goods have mechanical damage due to the actions of the consumer or third parties;
- the goods have damages caused by natural causes, for example, lightning, fire, flood etc.;
- the goods have damages caused by foreign bodies, for example, liquids, bugs, etc.;
- the goods have damages caused by poor quality of water (elevated calcium, chlorine levels, presence of rust or sand);
- the goods have damages caused by exposure to chemicals;
- the goods have damages caused by unstable or damaged power supply, non-conformity of communication cables or other domestic factors (dirt, smoke, dust, humidity etc.);
- the goods have damages caused by unauthorized use of the goods, failure to comply with the provisions for storage and transportation or the product has not been installed in accordance with the instructions;
- the goods were damaged because the goods were not used for the intended purposes or were used for industrial purposes;
- use of non-standard power supply, accessories or spare parts (including cartridges, toners etc.) unauthorized by the manufacturer for the specific goods and such spare parts have caused damages;
- pirated or inappropriate software has been used (for computer equipment or mobile phones);
Exchange or refund procedure (right of withdrawal)
- the right of withdrawal is the right of the consumer to withdraw from the distance contract (the goods ordered by distance contract) without giving any reason that may be exercised within 14 days from the day of the delivery of the goods (if single item has been delivered) or the day of the final item (if several items are included in the order);
- the consumer shall return the goods to the online store www.bm.market or the authorized representative of the online store www.bm.market without undue delay but no later than within 14 days after the consumer has submitted the withdrawal form to the online store www.bm.market or notified regarding the use of the rights of withdrawal. The deadline is deemed to be met if the goods are returned before the expiry of the 14 day period.
- in the case of excising the right of withdrawal the consumer shall notify the online store www.bm.market (for example, by sending a letter to SIA TehEksperts , address Krasta iela 89, Riga, LV-1019 or by electronic mail to email@example.com, telephone: 67296734, 27725222), by submitting a withdrawal form or notification on the use of the right of withdrawal; the sample withdrawal form may be used;
- the period of withdrawal rights shall be deemed to be met if the consumer submits the withdrawal form or notification on the use of withdrawal rights to the online store www.bm.market before the expiry of the withdrawal period. The consumer is obliged to prove the use of the right of withdrawal;
- the online store www.bm.market shall reimburse the consumer without undue delay but no later than within 14 days after receiving the consumer’s notification regarding the withdrawal from the contract the amount paid including the shipping costs paid by the consumer. The online store www.bm.market shall reimburse the said amount by used in the same means of payment as used by the consumer except in cases where the consumer has expressly agreed to using a different means of payment and the consumer does not incur any fees for using such means of payment.
- the consumer shall bear the direct costs of returning the goods except for cases where the online store www.bm.market has agreed to bear such expenses or has not informed the consumer that such costs shall be borne by the consumer.
- during the withdrawal period the consumer may only use the goods as required for the testing of the goods (insofar as possible until the purchase of the goods at any store). For example, the consumer may become acquainted with a portable computer or mobile phone by checking its visual appearance and size, but without any manipulation, including but not limited to, activating the installed operating systems, removing protective plastic covers, inserting the SIM card and making calls, synchronizing data etc.
- during the withdrawal period the consumer shall bear full responsibility of the goods and their quality.
Information from the PTAC website about the right of withdrawal: